Cleaning a chimney also involves cleaning the insert window, which tends to darken very quickly. Many tips, adapted to all budgets and the state of your window, exist for an effective result.
To keep a flawless insert window , be sure to clean it regularly. However, there are more suitable woods to avoid having to do it after each use. So, prefer hard woods such as oak, beech, ash, hornbeam, fruit and avoid chemically treated wood (agglomerates) and softwoods. Also, make sure that the wood you burn is perfectly dry and that it is firewood .
- The first and most economical solution is newsprint . Simply moisten it, soak it in the ash and rub it. Ash acts as an abrasive and removes traces very well;
- Another solution is to apply the product for the oven on the glass, to let it act and to rub with a sponge;
- Also try the window cleaner that has been proven on lightly dirty windows;
- You can also use a mixture of white vinegar and salt . Spray the mixture on the glass, let it work and rub with a sponge;
- Another effective tip is to dilute soda lye with water (5/100) and spray the mixture on the glass. Leave on and rub with a cloth;
- You can also prepare a homemade product . In a bowl, pour 2 tablespoons of white Troyes (or Spain, or white Meudon , or pure ash) for the abrasive. Add 1 spoonful of ammonia (to dissolve the tars), 1 spoonful of alcohol (shine), white vinegar and a few drops of dishwashing liquid (wetting agent). Fill with water. Spread by rubbing this mixture on the glass with a soft sponge, then rinse with clear water and wipe dry.
- Finally, you can clean your insert window with a steam cleaner . Very easy to use, this solution is very effective and soot reappears after several outbreaks.
Namely: the cleaning will be more efficient and faster if the insert pane is hot, or at least warm. In addition, for really stubborn stains, you can use a squeegeecommonly used for cleaning ceramic hobs.
Clean your house
The best way to keep a house clean and orderly is to not allow dust to accumulate. The mess (the stack of clothes in the room or magazines in the living room) can also be avoided with small daily actions. But how do you clean your house when the damage is done?
Better to tidy up each day rather than having to spend two or three days cleaning and tidying the house.
Clean your house simply
Some tasks can be easily introduced into the routines of each family member. If everyone fulfills their role, cleaning the house is faster. It’s just a matter of habit. We all prefer to have a tidy and welcoming home, do not we?
Great cleaning of the house: the rooms
There is nothing worse than entering a room in a mess. We seek calm and comfort, but the bed undone and the laundry scattered to the four corners of the room do not contribute to the serenity of the room.
Tip: we encourage children to make their bed to clean the house . They are taught early to become responsible and it is a very good exercise.
House cleaning tip: the kitchen
Dirty dishes and cutlery are never left in the sink. It is not pleasant for sight or smell. There are two options for cleaning the house : washing dishes by hand or putting them in the dishwasher at the end of the meal. When it is clean and dry, it is stored (with a little help, it does not take more than two minutes). We also think about cleaning the floor of the kitchen: we sweep it once a day and wash it every other day.
Clean your house well: the living room
The living room being the room in which we spend the most time, it quickly becomes messy and dirty. Before turning off the light at night, to clean the house , remotes remotes and cell phone chargers (preferably in a box dedicated to them), we shake the cushions of the sofa, we fold the covers and clean the coffee table (no more scattered magazines and open DVD boxes!).
Tip: we avoid walking in the house with shoes (this applies to all our visitors) to avoid damaging the floor (we will take less time to wax) or dirty carpet (which will be easier to clean) .